Blackberry Cheesecake

10:04 AM

This recipe is a combination of different recipes, being that I have no idea where to get gram crackers in Kenya I had to look for a recipe that had an alternative. I also wanted to use sour cream coz I had so much of it. I also wanted to use blackberries because the end result is so pretty. My original thought was blueberries but they cost twice as much. The base is made by pounding digestive biscuits and mixing the crumbs with molten butter (600g with 4tbs butter). Place the mixture in a springform pan (you have to use one) then let sit in the refrigerator as you prepare the filling. The filling is made with 500g cream cheese, 300ml sour cream, 1 ½ cups sugar, 1tbs vanilla, 4eggs and ¼ cup flour. The cake is baked for a bit over an hour at medium heat. I then let it sit in the oven till it was completely cold then put in the refrigerator overnight. To make the dressing, boil blackberries, water and granulated sugar until the blackberries are cooked, sieve the syrup cool and let sit for a few hrs, the longer the better (I let it sit overnight).

You Might Also Like

1 comments

recent posts

Follow Us

About me

Pinterest