Chocolate Mug Cake

2:26 AM

Happy New Year!! Yes it is the end of March, but it has been over two years since my last post so it still counts. I am beginning by updating as many posts from Instagram as I can before I upload any new recipes. I apologize if  I directed you here for a recipe and have not posted it yet 😔. Better late than never right 😊.

We will start with the chocolate mug cake. I have tried this recipe a number of times and changed a few things depending on the result. The reality about a chocolate mug cake is that you will not get the real moist taste of a chocolate cake but it will tie you over on the days you have a craving without the temptation of a cake binge.

The thing to watch out for when baking a mug cake is the size of mug and the voltage of the microwave (900W). To get the flow over effect, I  used a tea cup. Using milk makes the cake seem more moist but substituting milk for water makes for a richer chocolate taste and reduces your overall calorie count.

The recipe is pretty simple. Place flour, baking powder, olive oil, sugar, cocoa and water/milk in a mug. Add a pinch of salt and a splash of vanilla for additional flavor. Mix well and add chocolate chips. Place in a microwave for two minutes.

Ingredients
3 tbs All purpose flour
3 tbs Sugar
2 tbs Cocoa
1/4 tsp Baking powder
3 tbs Water/milk
3 tbs Olive oil
3 tbs Chocolate chips
Pinch of Salt
Splash of Vanilla extract


You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Follow Us

About me

Pinterest