Banana-Coconut Bread

7:26 AM

I don't know why "they" named it banana bread because the recipe is similar to baking cake without milk. This is my go to recipe when i have more bananas than i can't eat coz they are too ripe and trying not to waste them. You pound the banana's in a mixing bowl, add melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and baking powder. After the mixture is stirred add the flour in two portions, stirring after each addition. I decided to add coconut shaving because i have so much of it laying around and banana and coconut felt like a good combination to me. I added an equivalent of half the amount of flour to the mixture. The result was pure genius, absolutely melts in your mouth, and the combination of flavors are meant to be. The thing to remember when using banana's in any baking recipe is to reduce the amount of sugar you use because the banana's themselves have a lot of natural sugar.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Follow Us

About me

Pinterest