French Macaron

3:34 AM

I watched a lot of videos and read a lot on how to make these mainly because I have never tried them. One thing that everyone seemed to emphasize on was that the recipe largely depended on the measurements and you therefore had to weigh everything, which didn't work for me. This recipe worked better  when i used three egg whites as opposed to when i weighed the eggs to make use the whites were the exact weight. One chef called for doubling the cookie sheets to make sure it doesn't over cook, that didn't work for me either, might have been because my cookie sheets are heavy.
Sieve your ground almonds (almond flour) and powdered (icing) sugar, this step is important and emphasized by all the experts. In a separate container whisk your egg whites (with an electric mixture for ease) until it begins to whip, add sugar slowly and keep whisking until its white and glossy. Add the almond mixture into the egg whites and fold. The number of folds recommended is between ten and thirty depending on who you ask. Thirty worked for me, if you do not mix well enough the cookies will crack, while if you over mix the mixture will become soft. I added my coloring after 10 folds.

Pipe your mixture onto prepared parchment paper in a cooking sheets. Ideally have a circular mold that you use to trace small circles onto your parchment paper as a guide if you want them perfect and round. I recommend spraying your parchment paper with cooking spray because I couldn't get my cookies not to stick. Gently hit the cookie sheet lightly on your cookie surface to remove the air bubbles then let rest for an hour.
Pre-heat the oven for 20 minutes at 150 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. The recommendation is to put in one sheet at a time, and leave the oven to heat up for 5 minutes before next batch. 
Fill with desired filling. I recommend letting the cookies rest overnight before serving.

Ingredients 
3 Egg Whites
1 Cup Ground Almonds
1 1/3 Cups Powdered Sugar
6 Tbs Sugar
Food Color






You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Follow Us

About me

Pinterest